It has been quite a storm that has ripped through our world. We hope that you and your families have weathered it well. As a guide service, we are aware of the risk-reward balance and we keep a keen focus on mitigating risk and prioritizing safety. During any climbing day, we will work together as a team to manage risk, but we cannot totally eliminate it. This holds true regarding climbing and COVID-19. We are committed to working with you to manage risk, but we cannot totally eliminate it. And, beyond the safety of our climbing team, we endeavor to preserve the health of the communities within which our climbing occurs.
With these ideas in mind, our priorities, practices, and policies specific to COVID-19 are as follows:
- We will take our temperature prior to the start of each guiding day. We will alert you immediately if we are temperature is elevated and/or we are feeling any symptoms related to COVID-19. We ask that you do the same for us.
- If we find out in advance of the scheduled guided day that we have had contact with a person with COVID-19 that makes us a possible risk to you, we will alert you immediately. We ask that you do the same for us.
- In the event a day needs to be cancelled for either of the reasons above, we will inquire with you about the potential for rescheduling and/or we will work to connect you with another guide that is asymptomatic and who hasn’t been in contact with the virus. If that is not possible, you will receive a full refund. Understanding our need for health—both physical and economic—please utilize this specialC policy with integrity.
- In the event that local conditions make it inadvisable to travel to or conduct our activity in a given locale, we will work with you to arrange an alternative venue. If that is not possible, you will receive a full refund.
- Throughout the day, we will keep hand sanitizer with us and we will apply it whenever appropriate and/or possible. We ask that you do the same for us.
- We recognize the value in face coverings when in close proximity. When we are in close proximity, we will wear a face covering as conditions allow. We ask that you do the same for us.
- We will sanitize any of our rental gear after each use to the best of our ability.
- We will update and adjust these polices in accordance with evolving Center for Disease Control recommendations.
We’ve all had way too much time indoors the past few months. We certainly look forward to getting outside and sharing some fresh air, climbing, and social time with you! Via the above Priorities, Practices, and Policies, we look forward to doing so in a way that respects our mutual health and the health of our community.