Master mental techniques and learn how to take appropriate risks and actions with this unique climbing course that places a focus on mindfulness in the sport.
- AMGA SPI Course
- AMGA SPI Exam
Get certified as a single pitch instructor
The Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Program teaches climbing instructors to proficiently facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting.
The SPI is the only internationally recognized single pitch climbing instructor certification program in the United States. It was developed to fit in the AMGA Rock program.
- It significantly improves the instructor’s skill sets and integrates into the next level of training, the AMGA Rock Instructor Course.
- The program is for current, active rock climbers who have a real desire to teach rock climbing to novices in a single pitch setting.
- The SPI Course is a 27-hour training course that normally runs as three consecutive nine-hour days or day classes with evening sessions.
- The SPI Assessment is a minimum of 16 hours run over a two-day period.
- Certification lasts for three years as long as the candidate keeps current AMGA Membership and First Aid Certification.
- After three years current SPIs can re-take the SPI Assessment to regain the SPI certification.
- Taking any higher level AMGA Course also recertifies the SPI certification for another three years.
Cancelation Policy: There is a 2 week cancelation policy for the SPI Program. If you cancel within 2 weeks of your program you will not receive a refund. Keep in mind the space on these courses is limited, so you are holding a space that someone else could sign up for. Thank you for understanding.